10.02.2009

VIFF Viewing, Day 1

Super busy day doing a workshop, trying to deliver soup and cold medicine to a friend, dump bags at home, scarf down cold lasagna and bike downtown to see JERMAL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUY-S7W6yRQ) and then ANTICHRIST (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO-TNfPzh_k). I'm just home now and still processing ANTICHRIST. Some brief cliff notes though:
1) People who budge when over a hundred people are lined up are annoying.
2) I love previews but LOVE that VIFF doesn't have any.
3) The "Art" snack option is listed as a small popcorn and water. I guess "artists" and "art appreciators" would be caught dead with theatre hot-dogs and nachos.
4) ANTICHRIST was disturbing and assaulting. More on this later.
5) Nakedness is really not that big of a deal, in my opinion.
6) There is a guitar pick in my bathroom and I have no idea how it got there.
7) I overheard at least three different people say after ANTICHRIST that they felt "they needed to cleanse themselves with a Disney cartoon." Found this ironic since I think a lot of Disney cartoons fall in the realm of appropriation, racism, imperialism and general white-washing, but hey, whatever floats your boat. But, the songs are good, right?

So, more tomorrow, right now I'm sleeping on the couch since a cat barfed on my side of the bed. Bless their souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment